Auto Insurance Quote

Adult Family Homes Insurance
Adult Family Homes are residences which care for two to six people age 18 or older. AFHs provide room, board, laundry, necessary supervision, assistance with activities of daily living, personal care, and social services. Some Adult Family Homes also provide nursing services. AFHs are licensed, regulated and inspected by the Aging and Adult Services function of the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Disabilities and Long Term Care Administration.

AFHs are available to people with functional limitations, such as the elderly and people with disabilities (e.g. developmental disabilities, mental illness, and physical disabilities). Homes may choose to care for only one group, such as aging adults, or have a mix of residents. AFH operators (called providers) may be individuals (at least 21 years old), for-profit companies or corporations, nonprofit organizations, or other partnerships or associations.

Click here to request a free insurance quote for your Adult Family Home.

General Liability Coverage
Liability insurance is protection for the insured against lawsuits alleging bodily injury and/or property damage. The coverage is designed to pay for the defense of lawsuits and/or to pay for that which the insured is deemed as legally liable. This provides protection should a visitor to your home trip and fall. This would also cover you should a resident hurt a visitor.

Professional Liability Coverage
Professional liability insurance provides coverage for the defense of the insured against lawsuits alleging errors or omissions by the insured while carrying out their professional duties. Such allegations might include allegations of errors in medication administration, neglect, sexual abuse and molestation .

Is your Personal Homeowners Insurance policy providing you adequate coverage while you are operating an Adult Family Home business?

A typical homeowners policy is a package policy offering comprehensive coverage for both property and liability losses to the homeowner while using the home for personal use. The requirement for a homeowner policy is that it is the primary place of residence of the homeowner and used only for personal use.

Business use of the home is only covered if the business use is incidental to the primary use, which is considered a private residence. An example of incidental business use of a private residence might be the presence of a home office. If the property and premises is used as a business, coverage needs to be written under a commercial insurance policy form.


Copyright © 2005-2014 English Insurance Group, LLC
5005 200th ST SW, Suite 200 B, Lynnwood, WA 98036
Phone: (425) 673-7948 Fax: (425) 673-7942

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Web site provides only a simplified description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Coverage may not apply in all states. For complete details of coverages, conditions, limits and losses not covered, be sure to read the policy, including all endorsements, or prospectus, if applicable. Please feel free to contact us for further information.